Here's where I had a lapse in concentration, and it cost me. Not fatal, but surely dumb. More on this later.
We have a number of ways to adjust the height of shelves.
To drill the holes accurately, I built a template. So far, so good.
Then I got careless, paying more attention to the music on the CD than to what I was doing.
Before I knew it, I'd drilled holes where they weren't supposed to be.
To fix it, I had to plug one whole row of holes using a plug cutter [thanks to Ben for having a set in the workshop]. The plugs were a lighter wood, and the error is evident. But structurally, no damage done.
next: edging the plywood
to: Kohn's Corner