Finishing
Home

 

Ah, finishing, the part of my projects where I am assured of screwing up.

I used a kind of lacquer that's intended for brush-on [not the usual spray-on]. It gave me a quick-drying protective surface that became the base for two more coats of polyurethane.

bookcase standing drying 3.jpg (85092 bytes)        bookcase on back drying.jpg (21308 bytes)        bookcase shelves laid out on workbench diagonally 2.jpg (59411 bytes)   

It turned out fairly well, but my next project of similar size and scope will probably use a low-pressure spray-on system. I'm beginning to get annoyed at the little puddles of finish I discover after brushed on varnish has dried.

next: the bookcases installed

to: Woodworking home page

to: Kohn's Corner